Saturday, August 17, 2019

Artsy Shoes

Warren was sick. Poor kid had TERRIBLE HIVES...all over his body.  He only wants his Mom...so he was sleeping off the Benadryl at home last Saturday.

This was my first Saturday "off" --without kids -- for maybe two or three years. Weird.  I'd like to say I did something worthwhile with my time, but the truth is I was in a thrift store in Clinton, Iowa when Lilly called me.  She was bored...and could I come get her?

Which is how this very wonderful, strange thing happened...

It was just me, John and Lilly at the house on a Saturday afternoon...

Remember the plain white shoes Lilly bought at the rummage sale?
She got out her Sharpies and started working on them...
She had a quiet room, a comfy chair, good light...
And she spent the next 3 hours creating this...
SURPRISE..!!  They light up...
AND THEY CHANGE COLORS...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, and she is nine? All the other kids will want personalized tennies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Grandma for all the inspiration you have given her. Beautiful art work Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow she is great ...this is something very special ...no one will have the same shoes...wow just can't get over how good she is ...be very proud....

    ReplyDelete