Thursday, August 22, 2019

Aunt Adda's Quilt

Every Tuesday, I have breakfast with my girls. We call ourselves the TMBC...which stands for "Tuesday Morning Book Club". Although, nowadays, it's much more of a Tuesday Morning Breakfast Club...and, we all love to sew -- so we are often the Tuesday Morning Block Club...
Oh, yeah -- this great pic from 2012!! I picked it because it was taken at a lunch at Aunt Adda's house.
Adda is the connecting lego of the TMBC.  She is the mother to Linda K. and Jackie...she is an Aunt to me (she married my Dad's brother)...and she is an Aunt to LP and Sandy (she is a sister to their mother).

Aunt Adda was having her 90th birthday this summer.  We decided the perfect gift would be a ragged edge t-shirt quilt.

Of course -- it was MY JOB to gather up 30 pithy t-shirts...
As you can imagine, this was NO PROBLEM for me...
We went to Sandy's house to preview the available shirts...this one says, "Favorite Aunt"...
Then, we rented our favorite room at the library.  $5 FOR THE WHOLE DAY...!!  And all that great light...
We made short work of this quilt, I'm telling you...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment