Thursday, August 8, 2019

Lilly's Emerging Style

So, Lilly is 10 now. Goodness -- where does the time go? When she was born, I was thrilled to be able to clothes for this little girl.

After raising two boys, I was ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED to think about making some frilly little dresses...

Of course, VERY EARLY ON -- I realized this child had a mind of her own...
As it turns out, she wasn't all that fond of frilly dresses.  She made that VERY CLEAR...
The key to my happiness is A.C.C.E.P.T.A.N.C.E....So -- instead of forcing her to wear things she DID NOT LIKE -- I encouraged her to go her own way.

Lilly has, over the years, developed her own sense of style...and I had very little input...
A skirt was a rare thing...
But this happened a lot...
She ALWAYS LOVED wearing a hat...

I always gave her encouragement, of course...

She soon started picking her own hats...
She also loves decorating her shoes...
And it's interesting to see the words she picks...
At this point, she LOVES going to thrift stores with me -- and she picks out women's jackets. They are usually too big for her -- and sometimes, she lets me shorten the sleeves.

She LOVES this jacket!!
But most of the time, she likes wearing them oversized

And -- oh, boy -- this girl STILL LOVES A HAT..!!.



1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite 4-H contests is Creative Consumer. The kid shops for an outfit, fills out paperwork with a few consumer-related questions about the purchase and interviews with the contest judge. They have find great value for their dollar - most do thrift store shopping. They learn about reading labels - fiber content, washing instructions; quality of construction - looking for seam quality, loose threads, zippers, buttons, etc; does the outfit work with their existing wardrobe and lifestyle or is it a need for an event. I have seen some great and unique outfits. Unfortunately, I can't seem to convince my kids to enter this contest.

    ReplyDelete