Saturday, May 25, 2019

The PERFECT Fried Mushroom

When it comes to Morel Mushrooms -- I'm sure there as many ways to cook them as there are places to find them. I've tried many different techniques...

My sister Ronda swears by saltine cracker crumbs.

John's favorite way used to be to cook them down, then saute them in butter to put on top of a steak.

But, since all of my mushrooms come FROM MY SISTER DEENA -- and her family found bushels of them this year -- I'm going to share her cooking method. Which came from our mother...and it is E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T.

Of course, you clean the mushrooms first. Cut them in half, and soak in salt water. Drain and dry...

The first step is an egg wash. Start with three well beaten eggs, add some milk...
The next step is to coat the egged mushrooms with flour. The Batter Bowl, of course, IS YOUR BEST FRIEND FOR THIS STEP...and I hope you have one...
After they are coated with flour, lay them on a paper towel...
Because, you have to wait for the butter to get hot...
That's right.  Butter.  You fry them in real butter.  And it will take A LOT OF BUTTER...
A good electric frying pan is essential...it holds the temperature...and makes quick work of a big batch of mushrooms.
Morel Mushrooms fried in brown butter...
Life doesn't get any better than this, people..!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I recently learned of morel mushrooms. I'd like to try one day! Enjoy your day!! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete