Monday, May 6, 2019

2019 Easter Activities

Lilly and Warren come to my house every Friday night. A big part of my "Grandma Game" is that I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS happy to play an actual game. Now that the weather is nice, we set up board games out on the porch. As you well know, we love Banagrams and Qwirkle. Aggravation is a new favorite...they love Chip-O, Operation...well, you get the idea.

Often, we go into town for supper. Card games are best for restaurants. And I always have a card game in my car, or my purse, or in my Grandma Totebag. They love Old Maid, UNO, or Crazy 8's.
Good Friday, we went to one of our favorite restaurants. They have great deals on their "Kids' Meals"...but the service can be very slow. However -- that is not a problem for us -- Because WE HAVE A CARD GAME TO PLAY...
Saturday morning, I had lots of Easter Activities planned. But Warren was sick. So, he stayed in bed...but Lilly was excited about our small town Easter Egg Hunt.
It's up at Watertower Park...and there were about 100 kids.
They didn't use eggs (and filling hundreds of plastic eggs can be a VERY labor intensive activity).  Instead -- they "hid" hundreds of little pre-packaged bags of snacks...
There was an actual Easter Bunny.
The little kids all went in two different directions.  Lilly waited until the dust settled -- then, she walked down the front hill -- her and one other boy...cleaned up.  They filled their baskets in about 3 minutes.
That afternoon, Warren was feeling better. So we dyed the Easter Eggs...and baked a bunny cake.
Lilly picked a Strawberry cake mix.  And she put that together all by herself.
We tied a string around our 3-D Bunny pan.
After it cooled for 30 minutes...we crossed our fingers...
PURRR-FECTION...!!
*************

P.S. On April 6,  I went to New York City with Jackie, Amy and Nicole. We were only there for four days, and -- YES -- I HAVE BEEN BLOGGING ABOUT IT FOR A MONTH.  I didn't know that was going to happen.  I know you're sick and tired of hearing about my long weekend in NYC....but, it was fun for me...and, when it comes to this blog -- that really is the point...

3 comments:

  1. With my birthday near Easter (4/17), I had a LOT of bunny cakes as a kid. Surprisingly, Easter has never landed on my birthday. Though, I was born the day before Easter. I didn't get tired of your NYC posts, but then you know my feelings about that city :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for NOT being bored by my NYC blog-fest!! To combat my post-NYC malaise, I am taking a page out of your book, Laura...today, one hour of sewing, one hour of housework, and one hour to read a good book (I'm no gardener and it's raining here. AGAIN.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One hour of reading happens most days for me:-) I am no gardener, but the weeds don't pull themselves. We've had sun and 70s all week. Expecting mid-80s for Mother's Day weekend. Too hot for me!

    ReplyDelete