Friday, May 3, 2019

Our NYC Tuesday:

Jackie and I were taking a leisurely walk down to the Garment District..
The famous button/Sewing Needle sculpture...
when we saw THIS HAPPENING...people schluping in big bins of...what's that?  GARMENTS??
YES, PEOPLE -- IT'S AN ACTUAL SAMPLE SALE..!!  OMG...SO MUCH FUN...

This enormous space has been set up as a temporary retail site...racks and racks of designer fashions...Donna Karon, Calvin Klein, DNKY, Marc Jacobs, Betsy what's-her-name...
They had sportswear, dresses, winter, summer, purses...well -- YOU NAME IT.  Most things were $10...Jackie tried on some dresses ($20)...and I bought a "Calvin" shirt for my sister-in-law Jeanne (married to my brother Cal).
We walked along 35th Street...and there are still THE MOST INTERESTING little shops...
And, of course, our destination is...can you guess??
P.S. for the record -- this diagonal black and white tile is the floor I wanted to put in my living room last year. It's iconic...right? And SOOO visually stunning. I would do it exactly like this...but my subfloor sucks...nobody in my area seemed to even know what I was talking about...and, after all, my 2018 Birthday/Mother's Day present was new CARPETING...nobody said anything about iconic diagonal black and white tile...

No comments:

Post a Comment