Friday, May 17, 2019

Reading...Writing...

Sara Berman's Closet...
This book came to me as a gift. I mean, a real, honest-to-God, completely unexpected, it's-not-even-my-birthday GIFT.

Two weeks ago, this box appeared on my step. With the familiar Amazon swoop...I thought it was the silicone insteps I'd ordered for my sister-in-law Jeanne (she has plantar fasciitis)...

(I mean -- aren't we ALWAYS expecting an Amazon box nowadays?  The next box that arrives will have a 70" round vinyl tablecloth for my table...you can buy ANYTHING on Amazon...)

But -- instead -- it was this beautiful little book.  I don't want to ruin the book for you -- but it's the true story of a woman, Sara Berman, who was married for 30+ years, left her husband and moved to New York City.  It is SUCH A GREAT STORY...told by her children.....with pictures of her closet.  Which is now on exhibit at a Museum.

We all have our own story. 

And, in telling you about this book -- I am moving ahead to the #4 thing on my list.  W.R.I.T.I.N.G...

Because, only when I was WRITING about Sara Berman's Closet did I start THINKING about how all these books came to me.

Reading and Writing go together like needle and thread.  You can't do one without the other..and the end result is so...well --  SPECTACULAR!  I get to meet new people, learn new things...reading and writing is how I engage with the world.

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog--it makes my morning!! But, as a writer, one needs to make sure that the post doesn't have any 'keyboard missteps'. The disorder is "plantar fasciitis". I'm sure your sister-in-law doesn't think she is being facetious when describing her pain. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...AND I EVEN LOOKED IT UP!! Thanks for the correction...and she does NOT think her pain is facetious...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. auto correct probably put the wrong work in. :-)

    ReplyDelete