Monday, May 20, 2019

#4: Writing

Hello.  My name is Rita...and I write...

But, hey, if you're reading this -- YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT..!!

I write every day.  I mean -- e.v.e.r.y.....s.i.n.g.l.e....d.a.y...

This blog is a special blessing for me, because it gives my writing a place to live.  And the fact that some people come here to actually read what I write??  Well -- it just doesn't get any better than that, people.  So --THANK YOU FOR COMING...

Although writing has been a joyful thing for me since I was a kid -- I didn't think of myself as a "writer" until I opened my fabric store in 1986.  I started to write a monthly store "newsletter" -- and, well -- here I am.

I joined a local writer's group, and started to attend workshops at the world-class Summer Writer's Festival at the University of Iowa.  I was lucky enough to have two books published, and in 1996, I had a very remarkable 12-city book tour.  At some point, I realized WRITING was the point.

This blog is my happy place.  Every day of my life, I see something, or do something or meet somebody that I can't wait to write about.  But, golly gee -- I don't have to tell you about THIS BLOG -- because -- well -- you're here, reading it!!

But, all this week, I am going to write about writing.  And what it means to me...

Tomorrow -- the best writing job I ever had... 

No comments:

Post a Comment