Thursday, May 2, 2019

N.YC. Our last half-day!!

So, on our last HALF A DAY in New York City -- we are headed in two different directions.
Nicole and Amy walked over to Rockefeller Center.  They wanted to do the TOP OF THE ROCK, and also tour Radio City Music Hall. Turns out, they had enough time to Power Walk up to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Jackie and I are walking in a different direction...down to the Garment District.
But, FIRST - we stopped at the Westway Diner for a terrific breakfast.  Corned Beef hash and blueberry blintzes...
Jackie and I will both celebrate our 70th birthday this year.  This trip was our gift to ourselves...and we have had a WONDERFUL time.
On the corner of 43rd Street -- we found -- you will NEVER GUESS -- an actual junk shop!!  I bought a fabulous little ring -- that had a blue pearl in a cage.  OMG...$12...WHAT A BARGAIN..!!
Apparently, it used to be more of a book store...
But now he sells just about everything...jewelry, knick knacks, old silverware, trinkets..that's a tin full of buttons.
I found A LOT OF STUFF I HAD TO HAVE...
WAIT..!!  Is that a silver soup spoon??
Really... we made a new friend that day...
We stopped at the Westin Hotel (to take a bathroom break) -- and Jackie took this picture of my two new rings.  The NYC skyline ring (thanks, LP) -- and my new blue pearl in a cage.  SO PRETTY, RIGHT??

No comments:

Post a Comment