Thursday, May 9, 2019

The 2019 EASTER Table

The week before Easter -- Lilly and Warren were here for several days. So, they were involved in the RAMP UP TO EASTER. We colored hard boiled eggs...we had some fake "hunts" in the living room...baked that bunny cake...

And -- Lilly decided, all on her own -- to make "Placecards" for our Easter Dinner.
She spent HOURS making these placecards...
Everybody got some special graphics...and she used her glitter glue, markers...
She kept embellishing them...
We used them for Easter dinner -- and several times since then.  Turns out, having placecards is kind of a fun idea.

For this special holiday dinner, I get out the good china. My blue and white "Coaching Scenes". THEN -- I even ironed the napkins. (yes, I know -- amazing).

But the best part, for me, anyway -- is having Lilly set the table with my Aunt Rozella's silver. I love that she knows how special this is to me...and we use it often...so she'll have many good memories associated with it. Because, of course, one day -- she will inherit it.

And I'm delighted to have something so special to pass on...

Because Aunt Rozella's silver is the finest thing I own...

No comments:

Post a Comment