Thursday, January 3, 2019

The BEST room in Our House!

Whenever I get company (looking forward to your visit, Mary!) -- my favorite part is making up the bed. I love to hang the sheets out on the line so they smell fresh and wonderful. And, of course, I carefully choose my best embroidered pillowcases.



The quilt on the bed is a winter scene, complete with ice-skating. (more about this later in the week)

I think the best room in the house is our guest room -- mostly because of the fabulous paint job on the walls...


This paint job happened years ago, after Ross moved out of the house. I invited my sisters and cousins to a paint party and the room got a complete REDO. We were experimenting  (there may have been Margueritas involved...)

I wasn't content with every wall being a different color (like my living room). Why not paint free-form lightening bolts and use two or three different colors of paint?? This is the door...

And this is the opposite wall -- where I sit to do my jigsaw puzzles. Notice the yellow ceiling...which comes down onto the wall. Mostly because we were all laughing too hard to deal with a fussy straight line...
I bought this hanging lamp during a Pennsylvania treasure-hunt with my friend Kathy! In 2008, I started to up to this room at night to work my jigsaw puzzles (and I lost a LOT OF WEIGHT that year)...

This room has served many purposes over the years. At one time, it was Ross's childhood bedroom -- I built a loft bed in the corner, with a desk beneath. Then, it became our guest room for a long time. When Ross moved back to Iowa to go to nursing school, it was a soft place for him to fall.

Most recently, it served as the Farro Family ESCAPE Room...and, then, I thought it was going to become Lilly's bedroom...

But -- hey -- best laid plans and all that....

No comments:

Post a Comment