Wednesday, January 30, 2019

HEY -- IT'S A FIRST!!




I pride myself on being that woman...the one who is always on the lookout for a new experience.

And TODAY is going to be a "first" for me.  Something is gonna happen to me that has never happened before...

It has been predicted that today -- Wednesday, January 30, 2019 -- the Quad Cities will be the COLDEST PLACE ON EARTH.

They say our temperature today will be 30 Degrees BELOW ZERO.

According to those same internet models -- it will be 14 degrees at the North Pole, and -10 at the South Pole.

Let me say it one more time...T.H.I.R.T.Y....D.E.G.R.E.E.S...B.E.L.O.W...Z.E.R.O....



So, we won't be going anywhere...

And that's fine with me.

TODAY IS THE DAY I'm going to get on my recently-cleared-off treadmill.  I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME.  And I invited Cal and Jeanne over for a late lunch.  Their house is just a few blocks away...and they will drive to my house on one of his snow movers...

Then, well -- it's time to SET UP ONE OF THOSE 1000 PIECE jigsaw PUZZLES...(which, hopefully, will keep me from making a pan of brownies…)
Preview
My Pacific Northwest friends tell me they LIKE the idea of being snowed in...but, after a day or two -- they'd want their rain back.  (Feel better, Laura...)

As I work on the puzzle...I will BE GRATEFUL that I get to live in a place that celebrates all four seasons.  (yes, that was sarcasm...)



2 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't even remember that photo. That was several years ago, as I haven't had that top in a long time. The local news keeps teasing us saying we might get a few snow flurries on this day or that day. Have yet to see any. We were a sunny, balmy 50 degrees today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look back on old blog posts to find a picture of you, Laura....and was THRILLED to find one.

    ReplyDelete