Saturday, January 26, 2019

My To do List of Accomplishments

HOLY COW -- what was I thinking??  THIS LIST WAS A LOT OF WORK!

I am in charge of my own life --  It's snowing, we are not going anywhere...our lane is completely closed...and I could put ANYTHING ON MY TO DO LIST..!! 

For example --my list could have gone something like this:

Sleep until Noon.
Watch a Law and Order marathon on USA.
Do the easy 300-piece jigsaw puzzle I got for Christmas
Catch up on the Real Housewives of Atlanta
Take a nap.
Make a pan of fudge.
Eat a pan of fudge...
Repeat....

But -- nooooooo.  I actually made a To do list that involved WORK.  And COOKING.  CLEANING.  and DOING DISHES...

However -- making the list was a good idea.  I actually got a lot done...it felt like a "BONUS" day...
  • Make a big pot of soup   (delish!  I decided on a cream of potato/ham/cabbage soup...and it was really pretty good.  We're still eating it...even after I sent a BIG JAR of it home with Cal
  • Have a phone call with Rhonda Pierce  (It is always exciting to plan the next issue of Inspired To Sew magazine...see the link at the bottom of this post...*
  • Finish Frankensewing Linda's tunic  (Done.)
  • Have a catch-up phone call with Marion (SHE'S IN FLORIDA...I am green with envy.!)
  • Make Lilly's paw jeans  (They are turning out spectacular -- and definitely worth an entire blog post.)
  • Finish Warren's train shirt  (picture posted below.)* 
  • Finish Stephen King's book, "The Outsider"  (A long book...but he is such a great writer...I never see the end coming....I'm still working on this.)
  • Pack up cookbooks for a Goodwill drop (I delivered TWO GIANT bags of stuff-- AND a box of cookbooks)
  • Pack up box for Nancy Harp (She should get it by Monday...in time for her next Spelling Bee)\
  • Clear area around treadmill  (This is where I got the two giant bags for the Goodwill
  • Walk one mile on treadmill   (One failed thing on a list this long is to be expected.  don't judge me....).
  • Make Porketta Roast (Which was delicious!!  I sent a pan home with Emily)
  • Send porketta home with Cal (Emily got the porketta...but, hey, Cal got some soup.)

*P.S.  I didn't get around to posting the link, or uploading the picture...so that will be on my NEW TO DO LIST...

It's Saturday -- Lilly and Warren are with me all day.  (they spend the night on Friday night).  They're sleeping in today -- and because IT IS TEN DEGREES BELOW ZERO...we won't be going anywhere.  I should have time to figure out how to do the link and some photos....and, with any luck -- that will be Monday's blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment