Monday, January 28, 2019

New Year's Day Dinner

My 2019 New Year's Dinner was a little different this year. What was THE SAME...was the fresh pork roast, mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. What was different was the guest list.

For one reason or another, I ended up with an all-men's-team...
Of course, the two boys who live here-- John and Frankie...
I was wearing my Mary Mulari/Criss-Cross/IKEA fabric apron.  MY NEW FAVORITE.. 
Ross had to go to work at 3:00...but we were eating at 12:30, so he was able to join us...(and he got here in time to mash the potatoes.)
Besides John and Ross, my special guests were: Jack Beuse (John's lifelong friend) -- and my brother Calvin (who's wife Jeanne was at a New Year's Day sisters Event.
I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was to have make this meal for FOUR GUYS. I don't know why -- but they were all so appreciative and happy. They wouldn't start eating until I SAT DOWN...lol...and they raved about the food!! They each took turns telling me how delicious everything was.

Because I had to cook two giant fresh pork roasts (they were froze together)...I packed up "to go" containers for everybody.  So, as they went out the door -- Ross, Jack and Cal all got enough leftover fresh pork roast & sauerkraut for a couple of meals.

It was a GREAT way to start 2019....and I am grateful that we started this excellent tradition 49 years ago....

As my friend Kathy recently told me -- I'm not surprised to be this old.  But I am shocked that it happened so quickly!

1 comment:

  1. What a cool dinner! Im sure they all appreciated it so much! So neat! Your apron is so very awesome! I love the colors! Have a happy day! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete