Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Random November Pictures

On the one hand, it feels like the S.E.W Retreat was just yesterday...but, then, on the other hand, it feels like it happened years ago...

The interesting thing is that, after living for one week WITH NO TECHNOLOGY...I realized there were elements of an internet-less life that I quite enjoyed. Specifically -- I haven't been on Facebook since the week before Thanksgiving...

Really.  It feels like somebody gave me the extraordinary gift of TWO MORE HOURS IN MY DAY...every single day....

Honestly -- IF I KNEW HOW TO RECOVER MY ACCOUNT, I'd probably close it down.  But, for right now, I just don't care enough to bother.  And I am QUITE enjoying all the extra time I have in my day now that I am Facebook-less....

But
the remaining bad news about my technology meltdown is that I AM MISSING access to all the photos that lived on my old laptop.  The good news is that my Computer Guy (Russ -- who is a genius)  -- saved all my data, and he's putting the pics on an external hard drive.  But it feels like my dear next door neighbors have moved to the other side of town...and we just can't coffee together so easily....

I'm starting to rebuild my photo library.   More or less.  H
ere are some random pictures from November -- that I somehow, mysteriously, managed to get onto my new laptop...

Lilly and Warren, experimenting with how to eat soft-boiled eggs.  (Mary gave a demo)

I paid 44 cents for this GREAT corduroy peacoat.  But it was too small for Lilly...so, of course, I Frankensewed IT...
I cut the sleeves off a sweater...and used the OLD corduroy sleeves to insert two side panels...
Really.  You would hardly notice this alteration -- which made ALL THE DIFFERENCE...
Lilly loves ANYTHING WITH PAWS ON IT...
Warren was decorating a new pull-down roller shade for his room...
We always attend the Fall Auction/dinner/fundraiser
Lilly bid on a dozen different things -- but LUCKILY, SHE WAS OUTBID EVERY TIME..!
When Mary sent out the greetings from her Walkie-Talkie group in Aurora, they shared how it's a good strategy to plan your meals around the town fund-raisers.  (cuts way down on cooking).  AND I COULD NOT AGREE MORE.  Genius.  I'm going to pay more attention to what's happening in my little town.  Also, I love the "tradition" aspect of a small town.  Like, the Lutheran Church does their Fall Fund Raiser, and the Catholic Church has their Spring Bingo event.

All by themselves, they don't feel that important...but when you string them all together, year after year...those events weave a warm blanket of childhood memories, y'know??

P.S. even though Lilly's new jacket had a GREAT lime green lining, and those unique paw sleeves...it just didn't suit her. bummer. Not every Frankensew is a hit. BACK to the Goodwill, people!!  Somebody is gonna LOVE those new paw sleeves.

N.E.X.T...

1 comment:

  1. What a neat jacket! And I love the sleeves. You're so creative! The window shade is awesome!! What a neat idea as well! I really really enjoy your blog so much! I look forward to reading it! Lucky kids to have you showing them such creative things!! Enjoy your day! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete