Saturday, January 19, 2019

Snowed In Weekend

Elliott and Emily had a little trip out of town, and the kids ended up here for two nights in a row...and three days (not that I'm counting).

Oh -- did I mention -- we had an all-day snow event, so our DISH television was OUT..?/!!

And, as you know, I don't allow I-pad activities at Grandma's house...so WHATEVER DID WE DO FOR ALL THAT TIME?


Thanks to Uncle Ross -- there was the NEW GIGANTIC LEGO TABLE..!!
And there were countless games of CRANIUM...which, reminded me that we needed some new PlayDough...so we made my FAVORITE, OLD RELIABLE SALT DOUGH...which turned out amazing...Lilly was very impressed.  I didn't realize the kids had never made their own Playdough.

That activity led us into the kitchen -- where we decided to do SOME COOKING.  Warren made a batch of chocolate chip cookies (from a box that expired in 2014)...they turned out pretty tasty.

But the BIG GET of the weekend was Lilly's very first from-scratch-New York-Cheesecake..!!

We had the simple ingredients...graham crackers, cream cheese, eggs...she did every single step on her own.
She looked up the recipe, then got the ingredients together, and even managed to find my NEVER-USED-SPRINGFORM-PAN..!!  This was so special, we decided to use Aunt Rozella's Sterling silver Pie Server!!
My brother Cal came down to plow out our long lane -- so he earned the VERY FIRST PIECE..!!
I told Lilly that everybody should have a "signature dish". And since she LOVES cheesecake -- this could be hers. Who doesn't enjoy a delicious piece of cheesecake? And it was easier than she thought it would be...Who knows? I wanted to get a picture of her with THIS particular cheesecake...the one she made the year she was 9...because there's a good chance it could become Lilly's signature dish...and she might be making it when she's 70...(God knows I'm giving her that springform pan!)

That was all a lot of fun...but, BY FAR MY BEST GRANDMA SNOWED-IN-WEEKEND ACTIVITY WAS....

No comments:

Post a Comment