Thursday, July 19, 2018

Naibi Zoo

The summer is already HALF OVER. How is that possible??

Since the kids got out of school, I've been doing a full-on Grandma Camp.  And there is NO SHORTAGE of things to do around here. Lots of free activities, and I have so many craft projects -- the kids haven't even scratched the surface.

I keep an eye on what activities are happening at the local libraries -- and I take advantage of the "pass programs". We've been to the local museums, but I wasn't able to snag a pass for the fabulous little NAIBI ZOO in Coal Valley, Illinois (about 40 minutes from my house).

THEN, ONE DAY -- THERE IT WAS!!  I can only keep it for seven days ($1 a day fine after that) -- and it's good for general admission for 2 adults and 4 children. Without the pass, the admission for the three of us would have been $40.  So -- it's QUITE A SAVINGS..!!
And we got lucky with the weather. After several weeks of sweltering hot weather -- it was only about 80 degrees on our ZOO day.
Of course, the first thing we did was TAKE THE TRAIN RIDE around the zoo.
Not everything is free (of course). The train is $3.75 per person...
But it was WELL WORTH IT.
The train was packed -- and I got this picture of Lilly and Warren, sitting by themselves...
Really -- it's such a cool little train!!
We walked around the zoo and saw so many interesting animals. There was the reptile house, and we saw giraffes, zebras, lions, panthers, a leopard, giant tortoise, exotic birds, farm animals in the petting zoo...armadillos, peacocks...

I thought it would be fun for the kids to take pictures of the animals...so, after our train ride, I gave them my camera...

When we got home -- I looked at the pictures they took. There were a lot of accidental shots of grass (I think it was an accident)...

And -- here are their best photos...

Keep in mind -- these are the pictures they took on purpose...
Really, kids??

I do not see ONE ANIMAL in any of these photos.

How is that even possible??

No comments:

Post a Comment