Saturday, July 28, 2018

Cinemark Movie Club

On a day when it's going to be 100 degrees...there is nothing better to do than TAKE THE KIDS TO A MOVIE.!!

Of course, the trouble with that plan is that movies are expensive -- and once you factor in the $20 popcorn -- it's really not an affordable Grandma Camp Activity.

BUT THEN I SAW ON FACEBOOK -- that our local theater, Cinemark -- have a summer program for kids. For three months (June, July and August) -- they have a "Kid's Summer Movie Club".

On Monday through Thursday -- at 10:00 AM -- they have a recent (not current) kids' movie -- and the tickets are only $1 each!!

SIGN US UP..!!

All the seats in this theater have been converted to the Recliner/Lounger variety. (which I love)
Even before the movie started -- the kids enjoyed the lobby activities.
Taking pictures in front of the big stand-up ads for coming attractions.
Jurassic World looks pretty good.
Posing for the Incredibles 2...(whatever that is).
I think many movie theaters around the country have similar programs. So CHECK IT OUT. The movie we saw on this particular day was "Nut Job 2".  I was not familiar -- and figured it was a cartoon movie, so I'll probably take a nap in my comfy lounger chair.

But I was pleasantly surprised.  The movie had a message, and it kept me interested...and  there were a few lessons at the end.  Which the kids and I talked about...the value of WORKING for something, as opposed to having it handed to you...how much more you appreciate things when they are almost taken away from you...

Really.  It was good.  Well worth the $3...(although the popcorn was still $15)....

********
P.S.  If you haven't been to a theater for awhile -- GO NOW.  The Loungers are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G...

1 comment:

  1. Big purses = sneaky movie snacks :-) so do big pockets
    Our mall theater does the cheap movie once a week during the summer. Usually a Wednesday early matinee.

    ReplyDelete