Monday, April 2, 2018

Warren and Deep Thoughts

With all this talk about Lilly's Golden Birthday festivities -- it feels like Warren got lost in the shuffle.

Since his birthday lands on New Year's Day -- he pretty much slept through his Golden Birthday.

He is a full participant in everything we do...
He loves to cook, and bake, and he can set the table all by himself.
He went about wrapping Lilly's gifts like it was a PAYING JOB...
And, of course, he has to be a part of EVERYTHING SHE DOES...
He's so verbal now -- with his own opinions about things.
We had one beautiful Saturday in March -- so I took the kids on a "Park Tour" in the small town of Eldridge, Iowa.
We visited three different parks...
Then, did pretend "Yelp" reviews on our way home...



The other day, John and Warren were in the car, and they had this surprising conversation.

Warren: Grandpa, when I grow up, I will have a little boy, and I will love him, and I’ll play with him, and then I’ll get old and I’ll die.

John: You shouldn’t worry about that, Warren. Dying is a long ways off for you...

Warren: But not for you, Grandpa.


No comments:

Post a Comment