Wednesday, April 11, 2018

More Redundant Shopping

Yes, I buy the same things...over and over again....

Here's the deal. For my birthday, Elliott gave me the gift of NEW CARPETING. Of course, that means I have to clean out the closets...and this was a big moment of awakening, people. I mean -- do you want the truth? The worthless little coat closet in my living room has been crammed with junk for over 30 years. I believe the last time I looked in there was the year Ross graduated from high school (1996). OMG.

WHAT'S IN THAT CLOSET??

And, more importantly -- WHERE DID THE TIME GO??

At any rate, I AM READY. It's time for me to really clean house, and get rid of some shit.

I decided to ease into the job -- and one day, when the kids were here, I said we needed to organize the "game case". We'll figure out what games to keep -- and which ones to send back to the Goodwill store. It is definitely time for me to reassess the things I collect.

Once again, I realize HOW MANY TIMES I BUY THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN...

As it turns out, I buy this little letter cube game almost as often as I buy 100% cotton sheets...
There are many names for this game...
Perquacky, Ad-Lib...I found NINE DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THIS GAME...!!
I also have at least a hundred jigsaw puzzles in the basement. (I don't have a picture, you'll just have to trust me).

We discovered six different boxes of Dominoes (which nobody has ever shown any interest in....but I apparently have this America's Got Talent vision in my head -- that one of the kids will want to build a gigantic Domino maize that will stun the world. Hey, This Grandma is READY!!)....

But even with a complete understanding of my compulsive shopping nature...I was surprised at how many times I've bought my favorite game...

Catch-Phrase...

OMG....
Of course, I have purchased every generation of this game.  I travel with it, I give it as gifts, my sisters all own the game, everybody in the TMBC has the game, I take it along on trips...
There's a Junior version...and a Music Version...
EVEN though I found most of these games at thrift stores, and paid less than $1.....Really, Rita -- how many of these can one family use?

What is a reasonable number of Catch-Phrase games a person should have in their game cupboard?

I'm guessing that number is somewhere south of 16..!! Yes, SIXTEEN. Ugh. I'm gonna have to start a support group....


1 comment: