Wednesday, April 4, 2018

2018 SPRING CLEANING

People like what they like. Which is why we often buy the same thing OVER AND OVER again...It's not really about "building a collection"...it's about attraction...or appeal...or seduction...I don't know the exact word I'm looking for...

But I do know I buy cotton sheets EVERY TIME I SEE THEM....it is the THING I look for in every thrift store I walk into.

When I see a beautiful Ralph Lauren sheet hanging on the rack, I am thrilled. The set of Vera Wang sheets I bought last week were AMAZING...

I cannot resist a beautiful, quality 100% cotton sheet...that's gonna cost me $2.99.

The Lands End sheet will land in my cart EVERY SINGLE TIME...

Of course, this is how I ended up with 50+ sheets at my house...most of them without pillowcases, many random fitted sheets, without matching flat sheets...

These sheets have provided many levels of happy for me

1.THE HUNT...
2. Bringing them home, then I get to launder them!!
3.Hanging them out on the line to dry.
4.SLEEPING ON THE BEAUTIFUL SHEETS is the ultimate bliss...(naked, people -- we've already talked about this)...

But, who am I kidding? Nobody can use this many sheets in their bed-changin rotation!!
I NEED TO SPREAD THIS JOY AROUND..!!
Sorting the sheets was a major job.  I created sets, noting which sets would require me to make pillowcases..
Then, I bundled up the new "sets" of sheets.
Tied them with a ribbon, and labeled them!
Then, I put the newly created "sets" into a special basket -- they are all destined to be RE-HOMED...
This set was a beautiful subtle green, with a white flower pattern. I made two new king size pillowcases (out of a beautiful cotton twin sheet)...and created the pillowcase hems out of a green linen tablecloth...A PERFECT MATCH!
The lucky winner is CARRIE..!! Yippee-kayee! She had several sets to choose from, but chose the elegant green sheets...

No comments:

Post a Comment