Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Hello, MARY FONS..!!

I HAVE SO MUCH TO TELL YOU..!!
The Bayside Quilters use the Easton Fire Station for their meetings and programs.
They had a beautiful little quilt show hanging...
Their morning session started with a business meeting.
Some of the quilts belonged to Mary, others belonged to guild members.
One of Mary's early quilts
Anita Brayton is the current President of the Bayside Quilters -- and she let me buy two tickets to the show!  Then, that morning, she asked if "Rita Farro" was in the room...and Mary came running down the aisle to hug me like I was her long lost Aunt....I FELT SO SPECIAL..!!
There were so many beautiful quilts.
But, of course, Mary Fons was the STAR OF THE SHOW..!!
Her morning lecture was titled, "You Call That A Quilt". And it was everything I knew it would be.  Mary is knowledgeable, and entertaining and I learned so much -- and I laughed...

It was perfect.  I'm sooo glad I came.

But, of course -- THERE'S MORE....!!

3 comments:

  1. I’m just thinking of you and Donna together...wish I’d been there...I’m waving from over here! [Rebecca Kemp Brent here]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at ya, Rebecca!! See you in Portland??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, no...but I have a dandy reason: going to Bali with friends. 😆

    ReplyDelete