Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Happy Birthday to ME..!!

One of the best things about the Bettendorf Library is that it has a privately-owned Coffee Shop/Cafe right on the premises. So, after four intense hours of sewing, we all went down there for our lunch break.

Sandy was the last one down for lunch...

As it turns out, SHE WAS ARRANGING MY SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY..!!
AND I WAS REALLY, REALLY SURPRISED!!
Complete with CAKE AND CANDLES..!!
AND, GIFTS -- HALLELUJAH!!
Homemade cards, funny cards...
Sewing charms
Wow. I was really shocked!! Just when I decided to NOT do my birthday anymore...I've had a complete change of heart.
I was DELIGHTED to have my friends throw me a birthday party. I'm a lucky, lucky girl...to be this old, to be this healthy....to have this wonderful, full life...to be able to walk, and talk, and travel and sew.

Birthdays are a way to take measure...not just of how old you are, but of how many people you have in your life. I heard from so many people who really matter to me. Thank you all for making my life worth living. John, my sons, my friends, my sisters and brother, my cousins, my nieces and nephews...Lilly and Warren.

Yes. Life is Good...



Today, I'm getting up at 4:00 AM to get on a plane. I gave myself a very special trip as a birthday present...but you'll have to wait until next week to hear about that...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! An April Aries like me! And only a week apart!

    ReplyDelete