Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Evolution of Lillian...

As it turns out, it's not that easy to GET RID OF YOUR SMART PHONE...ugh...For one thing, I have to wait until I am no longer under contract...

But that day is coming!!

AND, in anticipation of losing my smart phone -- I went in to download all the pictures I've been taking on it...since the year 2012....

Some of them are pretty crappy photos, but they certainly did capture a moment...
Lillian, taking a nap on the day Warren was born...
My only picture of Elliott and Emily in the hospital...Lillian was not happy...she wanted a SISTER...
I was taking the Bowe boys and Lillian to the Figge for a Christmas event. She was, once again, less than thrilled...
Lilly had not yet embraced her inner fashion model....
Looking at hundreds of bad cellphone pictures, I was struck by how pissy Lillian used to be. She had not yet learned the benefit of "enthusiasm".lol...

I swear -- I say this ALL THE TIME to the next generation. If you are looking for a job -- HERE'S A LITTLE TIP. Many people have a better resume than you do, or better connections, better skills, whatever....you cannot know how good your competition is...

But, at some point -- the employer will have to choose between two candidates, both equally qualified to do the job.  AND HE WILL ALWAYS CHOOSE THE PERSON WHO HAD THE MOST ENTHUSIASM DURING THE INTERVIEW.

ALWAYS.

NO CONTEST.

THE WORLD PAYS EXTRA FOR ENTHUSIASM...

So, maybe that's the most important lesson I can teach my grandchildren...and it's a steady-as-you-go process.  They learn from our example, and by taking risks, and being rewarded when they do something RIGHT...
In the more recent pictures, Lilly is a lot more enthusiastic...
She doesn't seem so tense nowadays....even looking forward to an adventure...
Now -- THAT'S ENTHUSIASM!!!
AND here's one of my grandma lessons for Lilly....it is about the magic of a smile. You just can't do it and not feel it...

No comments:

Post a Comment