Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Innovators and Legends


Innovators and Legends

INNOVATORS AND LEGENDS:

Through Sept. 7. This exhibition, organized by the Muskegon Museum of Art, features over 70 pieces by 50 artists from the U.S. and abroad who belong to the first, and subsequent, generations of artists who explore the myriad possibilities inherent in fabric, thread, fiber and yarn. Weaving, knitting, soft sculpture, embroidery, felting and other techniques are featured, used in ways that are by turns painterly, sculptural or fashionable and often surprising and amusing. Museum hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays, Thursday evenings until 9 p.m. and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Admission: $7 adults, $6 senior citizens, $4 children ages 3-12 years, free for museum members.

This exhibit is at the Figge Museum in Davenport, Iowa. If you want to read a very well written article about it -- here's the link to the David Burke story in the Quad City Times.

Yes, I know how lucky we are here in our little corner of the world.  THERE ARE SO MANY INTERESTING things to see and do...

I went with my very special group of TBC friends....it was a spontaneous decision, with absolutely no advance planning...which is probably why we had a nearly perfect day!!


Me and my cousin Linda...our favorite photo EVER...



You will NOT believe what this used to be -- and what it eventually became...


WOW -- I SUCK AT SELFIES...but this does prove, once and for all, that NOBODY is having more fun than us...
Sorry for the crappy cellphone pictures - but I wanted to post something about the exhibit while there was still time FOR YOU TO ATTEND. Trust me -- it is well worth the trip...

As soon as I get the real pictures off my real camera, I will write more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment