Wednesday, September 17, 2014

ROAD TRIPPIN'

Today, if everything is going right --
I am spending the day in Cedar Rapids with my young friend Anne...
I think it's a very worthwhile thing to have women friends who are both older and younger than you are. And -- who are we kidding -- it's getting pretty damn tough for me to have OLDER friends...so that makes my younger friends even more important, don't you think???

I call Anne "my young friend Anne"...and, obviously, she will always be that.
Anne humors my penchant for thrift store shopping...
This is a t-shirt treasure I found during one of our last adventures...
I'm pretty sure she passed on these pants, tho
Today -- we won't have time for much thrifting. The truth is, I already bought ALL THE COOL STUFF I have room for...lol...

Our plan is to spend the day touring Grant Wood's old stomping grounds...and I COULD NOT BE MORE DELIGHTED...
This painting is one of many at the Grant Wood Studio in Cedar Rapids. It is called "Woman with Plants". I can't wait to see it up close and personal....Doesn't that look like a Mary Mulari apron??
There will be a report at a later date...OF COURSE..

Because it's a long ride to Cedar Rapids -- I invited my friend Sue to join me. Although, she doesn't know where we're going or what we're doing...

SUE NEEDS AN ADVENTURE....
Sue is not "spontaneous". I called her well in advance so she could clear the day on her calendar. (I was competing with things like window washing, and starching of dresser scarves)...

It is shaping up to be a beautiful FALL here in the Midwest. I love the changing of the seasons -- and Fall has always been my favorite...the color of the trees, the brisk air. yep. PERFECT TIME FOR A ROAD TRIP...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment