Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tuesday sofa report....

As I write this, I'm about three days into the "new sofa project"....And, at the rate I'm going, it could take me all summer.
The last time I saw the glider loveseat, it was sitting on the outside of the Salvation Army store, all faded and forlorn....but two employees were sitting on it -- taking a smoke break.  That made me smile...

Joann's is having a summer sale -- and outdoor fabric is 50% off right now. More Ritaluck, eh??

Of course, I would NEVER just buy ten yards of one fabric to recover the sofa. THAT would be so boring...anybody could have THAT sofa...
What if I bought three different fabrics -- the same pattern, but different colors? Orange for starters...
And yellow -- my favorite color -- maybe also teal??
But then I did the measurements. And the math. I need 10 yards of fabric -- even at half price, that means I'm spending more on the fabric than I spent on the sofa....It just felt WRONG....
THEN, Linda and I went to Hancock and checked out their flat folds...for only $5/yd -- I could have THIS....
They had a pretty good selection. I'd be able to mix up several wild patterns...
YOU WILL HAVE TO STAY TUNED.....

This project could take all summer. You know how one thing leads to another...I've already learned a BIG sewing lesson...

So -- for now -- the sofa project will by my regular MONDAY blog post...NEXT Monday you'll see what fabric I selected. In the end. Maybe. It's a work in progress....some decisions will be made, then sewed, then changed....I AM LOVING IT...

No comments:

Post a Comment