Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Enjoy Your Life!!

Here's the thing, people. YOU HAVE TO ENJOY YOUR LIFE. Every single day. There should be SOMETHING you are looking forward to doing. Or SOMEBODY you are looking forward to seeing. I don't know when I realized the importance of that -- but it's how I live my life.   Every day...and I've been doing it this way for a long time now.

Of course, the key is EDITING.  Over the years, I have shucked a lot of jobs that were no longer fun, and a lot of people who weren't bringing joy into my life.   The truth is -- editing is not as painful as you might think.  Good editing is not only about cutting something OUT of your life...

If you're doing it right -- you should always be adding new things.  Or new people.  Every day.

Sometimes, I get to combine things. I love to combine my favorite activities with my favorite people. Whenever Mary comes to Iowa -- there are MANY, MANY COMBINATIONS to look forward to.

This year, Mary's visit coincided with a Quad City Music Guild performance of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Although it was a SOLD OUT performance -- we got dressed up in our best clothes and optimistically went to the theater, hoping to buy tickets at the door.....

Lillian knew where we were going, and she also knew that we might not be able to get tickets.  I didn't quite know what Plan B was...(I  feel it's best to go into these situations with a positive attitude..)
It had been sold out for weeks...so our chances didn't look good. I parked outside while Mary went in...
BUT Mary scored THE LAST THREE TICKETS.  Two were together -- one was separate...
Lilly and I had recently watched the movie, and she was looking forward to the play...
Lillian and Mary sat together...
My single seat was further back...
Lillian took our picture in the lobby, after the show...the tall guy in the back is Willy Wonka...
These young actors were GREAT SINGERS...!!
What a wonderful day we had....and terrific memories.....

I feel like I say this all the time -- but CHECK OUT YOUR LOCAL community theaters and high school productions. These people work so hard to put on a performance...and maybe you could even volunteer to do some sewing in their costume department!!


No comments:

Post a Comment