Friday, May 30, 2014

Dress from FROZEN

I got a lot of questions about how I made the dress from FROZEN...Unforunately, I didn't really take any "before" pictures of the dress I started with.  It was a spaghetti strap formal -- a long length, probably a size 10 ladies dress, with a chiffon overlay.  The first thing was to make it into a child's size.  I simply tied a knot in the straps, then I sewed a 1" seam on both sides, under the arms...the final alteration was to cut off about 18" from the skirt.
Putting a knot in the spaghetti straps not only made it fit Lilly, but I can take this knot out any time I want to make the dress LONGER...(pretty tricky, eh?)
The biggest feature of the dress is the sheer, flowing cape...
I used a sheer turquoise blouse as the way to wear the cape...
This is the dress UNDER the cape
I used t-shirt strips to face the hem...there was a big slit on the right side of the dress.
The blouse was cut down to make it a bolero jacket, and I used t-shirt fabric to create a simple tie in the front.
This is the dress without the cape.  I forgot to say that the sheer cape was made out of the chiffon I cut off the original dress.
The inside of the cape jacket...
Glitter snowflakes....ahhh.....beautiful...
The wet paint will dry as nothing but glitter...

No comments:

Post a Comment