Saturday, May 24, 2014

My Summer Project

By now -- you understand the power of Ritaluck. As soon as I pull into the Target lot -- a parking spot opens up near the front door. I have extraordinary luck when shopping at thrift stores and the bargains just keep on coming....as you know.

Dealing with all my treasures and great finds has turned into a FULL TIME JOB. It's so much work, no one woman could do it alone. My obsessive thrifting requires a TEAM...

My amazing team -- Carrie-- helps me to keep the clutter at bay. Year after year, she helps me get things organized. One of the big spring jobs is getting the porch set up for the summer. We bring out the slipcovers for the two chairs and loveseat glider...

Then -- it happened -- the LATEST item on my list of extraordinary finds.

I found a wonderful, sturdy, Lane bamboo sofa...at the local Salvation Army....WOW. We haven't had a full size couch in the house for almost 15 years....this could be fun...we could actually take a nap on this sucker....

But I am soo aware of all the work that's involved in bringing something as big as a SOFA into the house. I have to completely rearrange the furniture on the porch. Then, I have to rid of my old loveseat glider. Will there be room on the porch for the new sofa? I'll have to borrow John's truck to bring it home...

So, with all those things on my mind -- when I saw the sofa on a Friday -- I did not buy it. Over the weekend, I talked myself into it -- and out of it -- a dozen times. By Monday morning, I was 100% IN... I am ready for a project...the old little glider has way outlived it's usefulness.

Monday morning, I got to the Salvation Army at 9:00 AM -- and, of course, thanks to Ritaluck -- IT WAS STILL THERE...
It is butt ugly. But then, what do you expect for $89...??
It took me three days to ponder the sofa project...and activate my team. John loaned me his truck. Ross loaded up the old glider, and later that day, John and Ross got the new/old sofa off the truck and hauled it onto the porch. YES this is one of those jobs that's going to take a village...

Most importantly, Carrie CLEANED the porch. Ugh. She scrubbed the floor, and the wall, and by the time I got back with the sofa -- it slid right into it's new spot!!

We spend so much time on the porch -- this is going to be FUN...


No comments:

Post a Comment