Friday, May 23, 2014

My Fabulous GREAT Porch

If you're ever building a house -- be sure to put a large screened in porch on the Northeast side. You'll never regret it. Early in the morning, you'll watch the sun come up, it'll be shaded from the hot southern sun during the heat of the day, and there will almost always be a breeze in the late afternoon....

THEN -- if you hang four or five large hummingbird feeders -- you will be guaranteed many hours of entertainment...
This is the outside view of the porch...
This is the view of the feeders from our porch table...
From the outside, looking in, you can see my t-shirt fringe curtains...
My cousin Kim and I sitting on the porch -- it is one of our favorite things to do.
My cousin Linda and I spray painted this roll up shade. Perfect, eh??
When I made the cushion covers, the mission was to USE THE FABRIC I'd collected in my stash...
It was the summer of 2009.  LILLY was a baby --
Me, Emily, baby Lilly, Sophie and Bella.  All my girls -- chillin'on the  porch...
So -- why am I taking you on this nostalgic look back on my porch?

BECAUSE IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE... This porch furniture was at least 40 years old when I got it in the 80's. I paid to have it reupholstered once...and that job lasted for about 10 years.

THEN, I sewed slipcovers...from scraps of fabric in my stash....and they've lasted for five years....This last set was a particular favorite of mine...


So, this furniture is actually 70 years old??  Hey -- they sure don't make it like they used to!!
After five years -- the upholstery is very faded, and the mildew broke myheart....
Hey, as it happens -- I LIKE CHANGE. And I'M READY FOR A PROJECT...hummmm...

You're curious, right?? This is going to be sooooo much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment