Wednesday, September 22, 2021

THE AUCTION IS FINALLY HERE

I've been working on and writing about this massive downsizing project for over a year...IT'S A LOT, PEOPLE..!!

To be honest, it isn't a horrible job. I am actually enjoying some parts of this process. For one thing, every box or bag that leaves this house feels like a weight that has been lifted off my back.

Really -- that part feels so wonderful, I wonder why I waited for so many years to do it!!

But life is about stages. When you're in your 20's, it's all about learning and earning. What will you do for a job? Where will you live? Who will you marry? In your 30's, it's about making a home, having children, settling into your job, mowing the grass, visiting Disney World..

Downsizing is like having a baby or buying your first house. When you're ready -- you're ready.

That sounds good -- but often people wait too long...and it's pretty easy to miss the window. You find out your eggs are too old for you to have a baby...or you get priced out of the housing market...or you're too feeble to start your lawnmower or go up and down the basement steps...

Human nature dictates that we always think we've got time....maybe not a lot of time. But more time. Some time anyway....

This whole process for me has been a big wake up call. That time is running out. But I'm not sad. I'm grateful to have lived for SEVEN DECADES...with Ritaluck all along the way.

I have a wonderful life...full of people I love who've loved me back. I live in a beautiful place, in a wonderful country and I want to enjoy these final chapters of my life and get my house in order.

Figuratively and literally.

And I am delighted to announce that THE AUCTION WILL BE HAPPENING. It will start on September 30th...and end on October 7th. Here's the Dosland Auction website.

Meanwhile -- I'll keep digging...




1 comment:

  1. You are so right, Rita, in your observations about times in our lives, missing the window of time for something, etc. You are inspiring me, and I am going to have to do something here very soon, I think! We are definitely not getting younger! (And I've lived in this house for 47 years! And Ron has been here about 53 years!! So you can imagine...)

    ReplyDelete