Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Our Pennsylvania Visit

So, there's a lot to do. The Re-entry has been kinda crazy....as they always are.

But I have no regrets. I am SO GLAD we went to Pennsylvania...for all the obvious reasons.

We went to PA every single year of our lives....but the last time we went was 2017. Of course, with the aide of 20-20 hindsight, I can see that John's dementia was already beginning at that time. Maybe it's a good thing none of us know the future, eh?

Anyway -- John always drove every mile of that trip. For over 40 years...driving to Pennsylvania was always HIS JOB...

This time -- driving was my job. Which meant we stopped at a hotel in Ohio both coming and going.

I hope to catch up with a lot of things this week. The house...my Iowa people (Kim and Valerie are BOTH in nursing homes right now)....this blog...there's an AUCTION HAPPENING SOON (I hope)....

Well -- you get the idea. There's a lot happening

It was a LONG ride...most of it on I-80.  On the first day, after six hours in the car, John said, "I'll be glad when we get home."
I did manage to find John a blueberry pancake on our last day.
We stayed in a hotel both coming and going...an EXCELLENT idea.
I had my computer, and did manage to get some work done.
We stopped at a Rest Area for a picnic lunch...and to walk around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment