Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Labor Day 2021

So, then, it was Labor Day. If you don't get ahead of them -- holidays can be miserable. TV sucks...it feels like everybody in the world is having a better time than you are. You can feel left out and alone.

Holidays can be the worst...long, boring days...

Or -- so I've heard...

I think the best thing to do is to get in front of the holiday and INVITE SOME FRIENDS.

I asked Calvin and Jeanne, along with Linda P. and her husband Don. It was gonna be a 5:00 BRAT party on the porch. I made the brats, opened up some cans of Bush's Baked Beans, and made a potato side dish.

LP brought an Israeli salad and a chocolate Texas sheet cake

I remembered to take a picture BEFORE I ate all the food.

I didn't take a picture of Jeanne's green salad (which is our family MUST HAVE for every special event)...or LP's delicious chocolate cake (which I had 3 pieces of...ugh).

The day was made even more special because Carrie came at 8:30 AM to CLEAN THE HOUSE. Even though it was a holiday, and I told her she didn't have to come (I tried to sound sincere). But she knew I was having company -- so she INSISTED on cleaning my house...

I know. HOW LUCKY AM I?

Days just don't get any better than this.  Good food, good friends...it was a very, very nice time.

And I am grateful...

I made a beautiful plate of deviled eggs -- AND TOTALLY FORGOT TO GET THEM OUT OF THE FRIG..!!  darnnet...

3 comments:

  1. We did ribs, like always. Our tradition for Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day is ribs and corn on the cob and invite my parents over (now just Mom). Jim does the best oven-baked babyback ribs. Fall off the bone tender. And Puyallup Valley local corn is so yummy. We start off the day with a visit to The Old Cannery furniture store in Sumner for all their fun - spin the wheel prizes, free hot dogs, pop, and popcorn. They are an amazing furniture store located in an actual old cannery, and they kept the vintage look - rough beams, cement and old wood floors. And they sell great furniture. They're a local tourist destination and very much a community icon. All our living room and dining furniture are from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL MY YEARS in Puyallup -- and I never heard about the Old Cannery Furniture store!! Damn...another missed opportunity!!

      Delete
  2. Just a quiet day here, Rita, but your doings sounded wonderful! And how nice, that Carrie came to clean, too!!

    Oh, too bad, now you and John will have to eat all those deviled eggs yourselves!! (If we lived closer, Ron would be happy to help! LOL)

    ReplyDelete