Monday, September 6, 2021

My Dress-a-week Summer project

 This has been the summer of the DRESS.  I've Frankensewed at least a dozen dresses -- and for the month of July, it was my mission to wear a new dress to TMBC every single week.

But, of course, I don't have a big enough life to require a dozen dresses!!  So, sometimes I make a dress, wear it once or twice, then give it away....

My latest dress was ALL ABOUT THE FLOUNCE...

When the dress was finished, it was about 3 inches too short...so I added a black flounce.

Which went with the black panel I added on the side...

The other side already had a black insert...I left it as is...

It doesn't show well, but I also made a flounce for the sleeve...

If I hadn't been running of fabric, the sleeve flounce would have been bigger.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Rita! I love the print combined with the black.

    I like to make wear dresses, but usually just wear them to church. I do need to make some more for fall/winter; I'm good for summer, though (as long as it lasts!).

    ReplyDelete