Wednesday, September 29, 2021

FINALLY -- on to the Swivel Chair!!

 FINALLY -- I've started on my Frankensewed swivel chair!!  

To review -- I bought a slipper chair at a yard sale for $20.  Then, I bought a swivel chair at a thrift store, and had Ross remove the swivel mechanism from chair #2 -- to put it on chair #1.

Here's the post I wrote about this way back in July... https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/196587276401507292/4192236090028580123

I ripped some random pieces of the canvas fabric, and sewed them together to create a stripe.

I added some black knit fabric at the seam -- to create that Mondrian affect...

The seasons are changing...time to set up the Featherweight in the living room...

Again -- I'm gonna miss the porch!!

So, then I placed it on the chair to see how it looked best...


Diagonal seems to be the winner...


3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Hurry up, I'm curious to see the finished project. Rhonda P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a fun, cheerful chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving it, Rita! (Remember Mondrian-inspired dresses, back in the 60s?! I think you've nailed that look!)

    ReplyDelete