Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Mary's Criss Cross Aprons

When we arrived in Pennsylvania, Maureen opened the door of her house wearing the Mary Mulari Criss Cross apron I sent her last year.
My favorite IKEA fabric of all time.

Maureen wears it every day -- and she asked me to make her two more aprons.
Maureen loves to cook -- and we enjoyed eating all those Pennsylvania dishes from John's childhood.

 

But instead of making two aprons for Maureen -- I made EIGHT Criss-Cross aprons.  I decided it would be the perfect hostess gift...and once I got started, I just couldn't stop. 

Maureen got first pick -- and she selected the Marrimekko design. (with two asymmetrical pockets)

After we got home, Maureen told me she went to the store, forgetting she was wearing this apron...and a woman stopped her to admire her "dress"

 

1 comment:

  1. Well, now, I would say that is a high compliment indeed, for someone to admire Maureen's "dress"!! Kudos to you!!

    ReplyDelete