Saturday, March 13, 2021

Whole Beef Tenderloin

Three people asked me about buying a "whole beef tenderloin". The thing is, John used to enjoy butchering -- so I never actually had to trim one of these babies myself.

But -- for only $5.99 a pound -- I could figure it out!!

Here's what a whole beef tenderloin looks like...
 

Of course, the good news is -- ALL I HAD TO DO WAS GOOGLE IT...

https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/12/how-to-trim-a-whole-beef-tenderloin.html

I'm not sure if I did a masterful job of trimming -- but it was easy enough to do.  I think it would help if the meat was in the freezer for an hour or so to firm it up. But I didn't have much waste -- and I just cut the trimmed tenderloin into Filet Mignon of various thicknesses.... 

To cook:  Melt some butter and oil in a screaming hot iron frying pan...then, added the salted Filets and cooked for 3 minutes on each side.  Put the pan in a 420 degree oven to finish them off. 

When the meat thermometer reads 125 degrees, I took them out of the oven. (about 10 minutes).

I AM TELLING YOU -- they were delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment