Friday, March 5, 2021

Nancy Zieman: Extraordinary Grace

Last weekend, I watched Wisconsin Public Television's tribute to Nancy Zieman. My local PBS station was using it for their annual fundraiser. Maybe this is happening in your area, too -- and you should do a search. It's called: 

Nancy Zieman, 

Extraordinary Grace. 

The show opens with Mary Mulari's voice -- and John sat right up in his chair.  Although he met Nancy and Rich several times in Beaver Dam, it was Mary's voice that connected with him.

The documentary was very well done.  Hearing my friends Mary, Eileen and Deanna talk about Nancy and what she meant to them -- and to all of us -- was very moving.  (I went through a whole box of Kleenex).  

Looking for a picture to put into this post, I ran across THIS blog that I wrote last year -- on March 3.  A week before the whole world shut down...

************ 

DAY TRIP ALERT..!!!

Make plans this March to visit the Celebrating Nancy Zieman Fiber Arts Exhibit – hosted by the Dodge County Center for the Arts – DCCA, in Beaver Dam, Wis., February 28 through March 29, 2020. The Celebrating Nancy Zieman Exhibit features a large collection of original Landscape Wall Quilts designed and sewn by Nancy. In 1998, Nancy learned the art of landscape quilting from her longtime friend, Natalie Sewell, of Madison Wis.

Rhonda Pierce, me, Nancy and Deanna (in Houston -- ten years ago -- I wish I still had that jacket)
Deanna -- the hardest working woman I know!  STILL DOING IT...she runs Nancy Zieman Productions..carrying on Nancy's legacy.
Mary and Nancy -- KICKING IT UP A STITCH.What a hoot that night was! Remember??
I'm so glad Jackie got to come to Puyallup -- and meet Nancy!!


Nancy Zieman was an incredible woman, and we lost her way too soon. She did so many remarkable things to promote home sewing, we are all forever in her debt. And this exhibit looks like an amazing tribute...I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO GO..!!
http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/sewing-general/celebrating-nancy-zieman-fiber-arts-exhibit-on-display-this-march-in-wisconsin/

*************

Rhonda and I were planning to make a day trip up to Beaver Dam to see this exhibit -- but, of course, the whole world got sucked into the black hole that was the Coronavirus.

Now that we are beginning to see some light at the end of this bleak tunnel -- I wonder if they might do that exhibit again?  To coincide with the documentary.  Maybe it's all still sitting there, in the Fiber Arts Museum...untouched and undusted for an entire year??

Could we push the RESET button on this, Deanna??

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Rita!
    Thank you for honoring our friend, Nancy, today! We had some great times when we were all together, on the road. Fond memories! I'll do my best to push for another Nancy Zieman Fiber Arts Exhibit! Stay Tuned ...
    Hugs,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete