Monday, March 15, 2021

Butchering Tutorials...

I WAS SO DELIGHTED...to receive these pictures from Nancy (in Minnesota) -- who went on the hunt for a whole beef tenderloin in her area...and FOUND ONE...for only $4.94/lb...!!

Nancy's son helped trim their tenderloin...

They got six Filet Mignon, a roast and some stew meat.

 

YES -- these are the same steaks that would be $50 EACH at a nice restaurant.

Nancy, Mary and a friend in Aurora, Minnesota.  Nancy and I have bonded over books, cooking, smoking, scrubbies, weight loss, weight gain and now BUTCHERING.

Nancy has decided this is her new talent....she's planning to do it professionally... 

I'm so proud....

2 comments:

  1. Filets are my favorite! One of the advantages to living in the farm belt for you is the price of beef. I watch for deals on whole tenderloins but it is “always” over $10 per pound. One of the downsides to living on the East Coast, I guess. Nancy’s steaks looked really good as did your birthday dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Sue! I've always believed our groceries were a bargain compared to the rest of the country. Those Filets were AMAZING...

      Delete