Friday, March 19, 2021

Frankensewing Old Bathtowels...

HEY -- BLOGGER HAS GONE CRAZY. I spent over an hour trying to write this post...and, believe me when I tell you IT'S NOT WORTH AN HOUR. So, I'm just gonna push send and call it good enough. Everything is wacky and out of order -- but you will definitely get my drift.
The two covers that came with the mop have holes in them.
I have a thing for old terry bath towels. When I buy new towels (which I love to do) -- I just cannot throw away the old towels....it's just such a useful, absorbent fabric.. .
I cut up old bath towels...serge around the edge.  Boom. I get 16 washcloths out of one towel.  They are the perfect size...and I often given them as gifts.  (you're really jealous now, right?)
I replaced the carpet in our bedroom with seamless vinyl, and  the steam mop is getting a regular workout nowadays.





4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Rita, I know you've written about vintage linens being of great quality and I wondered if you could name some brands of the past to look for at thrift stores or estate sales. Thanks for any advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a couple of towels that really need to be replaced and when the new ones finally make their way into our home... I will be cutting the old ones in half and seam them around the outside and "quilt" them to create a floor mat. We have cork floors in our bedroom and I like to have a cloth mat on the flood at the bedside to minimize any floor dust that might migrate into the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a recipient of the repurposed towels, I have to admit this has been one of the best gifts I've received. They are used on a weekly basement for various cleaning projects and I always think about and mentally thank the person that gave them to me! So Thank You Rita for the gift that keeps on giving!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete