Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Waffle-wiches

I get a LOT OF GOOD IDEAS from cooking shows. Julia Child taught me how to break down a chicken.  Jeff Smith -- the Frugal Gourmet -- taught me to use mayo instead of butter when I'm making a grilled sandwich...and that tip has been serving me well for almost 50 years. 

Rachael Ray taught me to saute my veggies BEFORE putting them in the soup.  

One of my current favorite tv cooking shows is The Pioneer Woman. Ree Drummond changed my life with cheese/olive bread...YUMMO....

So easy:https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a11730/olive-cheese-bread/

 

The other day, I was binge watching Ree...and she was making "Waffle-wiches"...

My sister Deena turned me on to these 40-year old waffle-makers...one of her FAVORITE kitchen appliances.  And this one will certainly be making the move into town...

I liked the idea of slices of pear, with ham and cheese...
I used mayo for the outside of the sandwich.
Honey Mustard for the inside of the sandwich

This was after 3 minutes --and the cheese inside was already melted
SO MUCH FUN, EH?
The Pioneer Woman had lots of other ideas for sandwich fillings...and I loved the extra crunch on the outside.

I'm just sayin'.... THANK GOD FOR TELEVISION. However it is delivered. PBS, Cable, Antenna, Firestick, Streaming....I don't care. 

The Lone Ranger and the Pioneer Woman got me through the worst pandemic my world has ever seen...and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment