So -- if you have a grillmaster in your home -- send him out to MAKE RIBS...(I don't have a recipe for this -- it was totally John's job. Remember -- that's the beauty!)
Once I had established IN MY OWN HEAD what the real Mother's Day mission was -- (Me, not standing in my kitchen for two days, feeling unappreciated)...
The menu was:
- Smoked ribs (which I never touched)
- Baked Potatoes (regular and sweet potatoes)
- Coleslaw (two bags of coleslaw mix)
- Cowboy Beans (mostly, you open cans)
- THE Green salad (Jeanne brought this -- again, NO WORK FOR ME)
- Pineapple Dream Cake (Lilly did it all, I was only the mentor...it was fun)
|This can of beans is seriously delicious...it needs no real fixin'|
|I'm telling you -- the beans were A BIG HIT..!!|
For dessert,Lilly and I made one of Mom's favorite things -- a Pineapple Dream Cake. https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/pineapple-dream-cake/231239
|We baked the yellow cake mix in a half-sheet pan so it would be thin...then, the pudding/cool whip/pineapple layer is as thick as the cake. My Mom loved this cake...Hey -- it was the 60's!! I think Cool Whip was new.|
Keep It Simple, Stupid..!!