Saturday, February 24, 2018

North Carolina SHEETS

So -- given my obsession with bed linens...and my absolute inability to pass up a  $3 Supima cotton sheet -- how many sheets can one girl use?  Several years ago, I did a count.  (that job took a whole day).   I had 14 complete sets of sheets for a Queen size bed -- along with a massive collection of unmatched sheets, many twin, double and even King size sheets, along with a tub full of beautiful (but often single or mismatched) pillowcases.

Any normal person would think to themselves, "I need to stop buying sheets..."

Dammit...more evidence that I AM NOT NORMAL...

************

A couple of years ago, my cousin Jackie was having one of those lifetime experiences -- her son Ehren is GETTING MARRIED.  The wedding was gonna be in North Carolina -- so the family decided to rent a house on the beach.

Jackie's sister Linda and her husband Karl are driving from Iowa.  When she mentioned the fact that they had to provide their own bed linens, I offered to loan them some beautiful line-dried Iowa sheets for their beach house and this very special occasion.  HEY -- I COULD PROVIDE SHEETS FOR EVERY BED in the house!  It was fun to make up some "sheet packages" for the beds...
I fold the flat sheet, the fitted sheet, and one pillowcase.  Then put them INSIDE the second pillowcases.  It's an easy way to store your sheet sets...
I made up THREE sets of beautiful, 100% cotton, line-dried Queen size sheets...
And two sets for the Twin beds.
Good cotton sheets are HEAVY.  There was no way Linda could even carry the tub of sheets out to her car.  Imagine what the airline would charge for this suitcase!!
When Linda came to pick up the sheets, I gave a brief "how to fold a fitted sheet" demonstration. I have long been a fan of the Martha Stewart method -- putting your hands into the corners, then fold the sheet together. (I think she learned it from me...)

 However -- there could be an easier way....here's the YouTube video to prove it...

No comments:

Post a Comment