Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Mexican Turkey Soup

Another soup post....

I never have a recipe when I make soup...but I always have something in my mind...a reason, or an inspiration.

Lilly was sick. I made a turkey...there were leftovers....so there's my reason...


I had lunch at Chili's the other day with LP and Sandy -- and their Chicken Tortilla soup was DELICIOUS...so, there's my inspiration.

To begin:

I chopped a large onion, and five ribs of celery...then sauteed them in my soup pot with a little oil/butter.  When they were soft, I added some chicken soup base and water...then, I put in the turkey legs and wings into the pot to cook the meat off the bone.(simmered for about an hour).

I removed the bones, and added some cans from the pantry: corn, black beans, two cans of salsa...



I shredded the leftover turkey meat...and added it back into the soup.


I thought it was a little flat, so I added a packet of Taco seasoning...
PERFECT..!! It tastes exactly like I wanted it to taste...

After I ladled it into my soup bowl, I added a dollop of sour cream.
Oh, yes, this is some seriously good soup. Maybe my best effort yet...
Of course, you could add some shredded cheddar cheese at this point...or some corn chips...

but, then again, I'm trying to make better choices!!

No comments:

Post a Comment