Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Iron Range Luncheon

Today is a VERY SPECIAL DAY...my cousin Jackie is in town, and I've invited the TMBC to come for our annual porch lunch.

AND -- to make it extra special this year -- I'm making it a THEME PARTY.  The theme is FOOD FROM THE IRON RANGE.

THE MENU WILL BE:   Porketta, Pasties, Lefse, Cardamon Bread, Potica...and...wait for it...drumroll -- SANDWICH LOAF.

I'm going in, Nancy Harp!!

With any luck -- tomorrow I'll post some pictures of THE SANDWICH LOAF I MADE for the luncheon.  My fillings will be:  egg salad, ham salad, and olive/cheese spread.  I'm picturing layers of yellow, pink and orange.  Sooo pretty, eh? 


3 comments:

  1. If I jump in the car right now, will I make it in time? Can't wait for photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS TO YOU -- IT WAS PERFECT...Pictures to follow..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I have a jello recipe book as old as those sandwich loaf recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete