Friday, May 19, 2017

Happy Birthday, Deborah

MHAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister Deb. (thanks to some blogging mistakes, this is two days late)...

I think Deb had a VERY good year!! Because every time I saw her, she had a huge smile on her face. And I saw her A LOT this year. So, there was a lot of smiling...
That has always been Deb's nature.  Smiling is what she does. For her, it is more than a practiced skill. Her smile is a gift...one she gives to other people. I think it's actually her way of life...
Last summer, we had our first SISTERS SEWING WEEKEND!!
And I hope we do it again this year!! (gheesh, I was so fat!)
In 2009, Deb took ALL OF HER GIRLS to NYC -- (I was their official tourguide)  My sister Deb is one of the most generous people I know.  On this trip, she paid for everything...airfare and hotel for her two daughters, her daughter in law, and two granddaughters...
My favorite picture of 2009 NYC Deborah.
We got to go to NYC again -- in March -- with our granddaughters!! (yes, I am wearing the same black trench coat. It's a classic)
My favorite picture of the four of us -- with some of our NINE Featherweights!
I bought this vintage velvet polka dot coat -- hoping it would fit Deb.
It's a swing coat -- remember those?
The asymmetrical buttons were INCREDIBLE...
So, to honor Deb's birthday, I just want to say CALL YOUR SISTER. Don't have one? Well then, call your brother, or that favorite cousin you grew up with. Get in touch with an old childhood friend...because, the older I get, the more I treasure those relationships.

In many ways, we are most ourselves as children...before we've been pummeled by life and bullies and making a living, getting along with a man.... Life is a complicated roller coaster, layered with good times, bad times and situations we don't control.  It just goes better if you stay in touch with the people who loved you from the start ...

No comments:

Post a Comment