Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday

The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday
(...skip this part if you're not new here...)

The Splendid Sampler™ is an internet sew-a-long created by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It is an EPIC sew along...
  • 83 fabric designers have created specific blocks that feature different quilting techniques. (paper piecing, fused applique, etc.).
  • The blocks will be released each week, and are FREE to participants until March 2017. (at that time, they'll use the designs to publish a book).
  • You can use whatever fabric you like.
  • There will be pictures on their Facebook page, etc.
The new block designs come out twice a week....on Sunday morning and Thursday morning. I'm doing this with my TMBC...and, therefore, it is my pleasure to BLOG ABOUT IT every Wednesday.
*************

Sorry!! July has been SO CRAZY -- I have fallen behind, and actually missed blogging The Splendid Sampler™ Wednesday!!

Believe me -- the fail was all mine. The TMBC is GOING STRONG with their block-making.

Block #36, the Inchy Hexagon Club.  (I wasn't even tempted!)
Both Sandy and LP are keeping up, week by week, even this complicated paper pieced block called Balls In The Air.
LP is still doing TWO color versions of each block.
Sandy did ALL THREE VERSIONS of the paper pieced butterfly.
Sew South was a MUCH better way to learn about hexies!!
Although I have no actual Splendid Sampler™ six inch blocks to share -- I got a chance to put my new quilting skills to work. And this project kept me up until 3:00 AM one night...Remember those great Marimekko napkins from Target??
YES, PEOPLE -- THAT IS A HALF-SQUARE TRIANGLE!! (two of ém)...but, the bigger question is -- WHAT THE HECK IS RITA MAKING OUT OF THOSE NAPKINS???

No comments:

Post a Comment