Thursday, August 6, 2015

Summer Cooking

The garden is full of produce.  I've made pesto several times, and Linda and I got together one afternoon to put some in the freezer.

Tabbouleh salad is one of my go-to dishes. Altho we never ate this as kids, my Mom loved this dish, and I made it for her often.
Here is a link to Ina Garten's recipe, it's a good place to start...John eats it with grape leaves -- I prefer tortilla chips!
OF COURSE, THERE WILL BE SWEET CORN..!!

And we have homemade potato chips DOWN PAT, PEOPLE!!

Last Sunday, I spent the entire day in the kitchen. We never did have a sit down meal that day...but the food just kept coming, and we gnoshed all day long...

Here's what I cooked:
  • A huge bowl of tabbouleh salad
  • I boiled a dozen ears of sweet corn
  • Some amazing onion rings
  • I shredded some potatoes to make potato pancakes

All of this shucking, cooking, chopping, frying, boiling -- created a HUGE mess in the kitchen. But it also led to a discovery. I believe I'm going to make my fortune on this...the next big thing...and I cannot believe nobody else thought of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment