Friday, August 14, 2015

My GREAT Summer

Time really does fly when you're having fun!! This summer has been simply wonderful -- and I am just now looking at some of the pictures I took. SUCH GREAT MEMORIES, those pictures!!

Marion's visit was a highlight, of course. And we always love our ROAD TRIPS.

On this day, we were hanging in my hood.... 
Can you guess where we are?
Here's a clue -- brass fixtures in the Ladies Room!!
Stained Glass in the lobby?
Magnificent fresh floral arrangements?
OF COURSE!! We are about to have a little lunch at the beautifully restored Hotel Blackhawk in Davenport, Iowa.

Marion is a sports fan -- so we sat in the bar so she could see a little Wimbledon. See the guy sitting at the end of the bar? The two of them started talking about tennis...and I noticed his shirt had a CBS logo....

Turns out -- he is one of 80 CBS people staying in the hotel to cover the PGA tournament that weekend. The John Deere Classic was happening in Milan, Illinois. We had a little conversation with him. It was interesting to hear his take on the Fox Sports coverage of the US Open -- in Tacoma -- which, I'm afraid, fell flat on many levels (sorry, Tacoma).
We only wanted a light lunch that day...because we were saving our appetites for...the evening meal.
John took us out to TC's in DeWitt, Iowa.  BEST PRIME RIB EVER..Honestly, I just don't know how they could do a better job..
okay...now that I'm looking at the pictures, maybe they could buy some new steak plates...

1 comment:

  1. I would like to be adopted by you, you always have fun and love hanging sheets outside so maybe we were long lost sisters....

    ReplyDelete